Lodge & Thomas have a Private Treaty Department for sales privately, direct from the producer to you.
Throughout the year we have various items for sale, ranging from pedigree breeding bulls, dairy stock and stock from TB-restricted farms, fodder including standing grass, baled silage, hay, straw, farming and dairy equipment.
We also deal in the sale and purchase of Basic Payment Entitlements.
If you are interested in any of the items we have for sale or would be interested in discussing your marketing options with us either by telephone or on-farm through our fieldsman, Patrick Dennis, who is happy to pay you a visit, please contact us.
Private Treaty Department Contacts:
|Patrick Dennis (PD)
|Andrew Body (AEB)
|Bob Mosley (RJM)
|Tim Ryland (TSR)
|Ross Collins (ROC)
|Ed Harris (EJH)
Pedigree Aberdeen Angus Bull
- Sire: Bosullow Black Ryual N355
- Dam: Bosullow Erica C080
- DoB: 25/05/15
- EBV figures term index 35 Self replacing index 49 Calving D: +2.9
- Birthweight: +3.3 200 days: +38 400 days: +65 600 days: +83
- Milk: +11 EMA: +5.7 Fat: -1.3 RB yield: +2.0 IMF: -0.1
7 In-Calf Suckler Cows
Small genuine dispersal of 7 suckler cows, all in-calf to the Pedigree Hereford Bull "Belowda Owen" & due mid-January onwards. A smart bunch of cows highly recommended comprising:
- 4 Limousin cows (2x 8½yo, 2x 7½yo)
- 2 Hereford cows (5½yo, 3yo)
- 1 Aberdeen Angus cow (8½yo)
Pedigree Hereford Bull
"Laniley Tom (DH)" 19mo Pedigree Hereford bull, BVD & Johne's Accredited.
- Sire: Alanna Bruce (DH)
- Dam: Alanna Plesent (DH)
- DoB: 20/03/17
Purebred Charolais Bull - Cornwall
Date of Birth - 24th April 2015
- Dam - Penhargard Flute
- Sire - Trenestral Hero
Viewing of this years' calves welcome.
Excellent quality Limousin bulls for sale. Up to 28mo, strong, ready to work. Johne's & BVD accredited. BTB10 Certificate (TB-free for 10+ years).
Saler Bull - Cornwall
Pure bred Saler bull 17 months old.
- Pedigree North Devon stock bull 4yo (AEB)
- Hereford 4yo heifer bull (AEB)
TB-RESTRICTED 16 Charolais x Heifers
A grand bunch of 16 suckler-bred Charolais x heifers out of Hereford x Friesian or South Devon cows, well-grown and forward for their age at 16-17mo.
TB-RESTRICTED 130 Calves
A grand bunch of British Blue x & Aberdeen Angus x calves, named sires, all very well reared and out of big Friesian cows. TB testing due now so available for Isolation Unit.
- Approx. 30 weaned
- Another 30 very close to weaning
- Another 70 on milk
TB-RESTRICTED 47 Young Stores
47 chiefly Aberdeen Angus x & some Charolais x young stores - born June/July 2017 (16/17mo) out of Limousin x, Hereford x & some Charolais x cows.
- 25 Aberdeen Angus x steers (19x 17mo, 6x 16mo)
- 17 Aberdeen Angus x heifers (15x 17mo, 2x 16mo)
- 4 Charolais x steers (2x 17mo, 2x 16mo)
- 1 Aberdeen Angus x bull (17mo)
4 GALVANISED STEEL POLYTUNNEL FRAMES Near Hayle
Three 150' x 27' & One 120' x 27' In-situ, buyer to remove - Offers Invited (AEB)
- 12:24 Gascoigne direct line milking parlour, with 2 vacuum pumps in GWO (AEB)
- Fullwood Ration Master feeders (AEB)
- 1996 Fullwood 5000 litre Ice Bank with hot wash bulk milk tank (AEB)
- 2008 galvanised 1850 gallon slurry guzzler on balloon tyres (AEB)
- PTO driven slurry stirrer (AEB)
- Hassia GLE 2 row potato planter (AEB)
- Lister 20' rubber potato/beet/conventional bale elevator with hopper and petrol engine (AEB)
- 2 grain bins, capacity approx. 150 tonnes wheat each - Buyer to dismantle and collect from Summercourt (ROC)
- 200 round bales wrapped 2018 haylage - Chacewater area (RJM)
- 60 round bales wrapped 2018 spring barley straw - Chacewater area (RJM)
- 130 round bales second-cut 2018 haylage - Gweek (SDP)
- 150 round bales well-saved 2018 silage - St. Agnes (RJM)
- 135 round bales June 2018 hay, never seen rain - near Truro (AEB)
- 150 round bales 2017 silage - between Redruth & Helston (TSR)
- 500 large square bales 2018 haylage - between Redruth & Helston (TSR)
- 50 bales silage - Porthleven (ROC)
TB-RESTRICTED 46 Suckler Bred Steers - SOLD
47 chiefly Aberdeen Angus x & some Charolais x suckled calves - born June/July (8/9mo) out of Limousin x, Hereford x & some Charolais x cows.