Charming, privately situated 8 acre country property
An impressive detached five bedroom non-listed period farmhouse with a one bedroom annexe,
set in a convenient yet lovely sheltered rural location.
Various useful outbuildings including workshop, stores and stables, some with development potential, subject to planning
Formal gardens and grounds extending in all to approximately 8 acres.
PRAZE AN BEEBLE 1 MILE * CAMBORNE 2 MILES * GWITHIAN & NORTH COAST 5 MILES
HELSTON 6 MILES * ST. IVES 10 MILES * TRURO 16 MILES * NEWQUAY AIRPORT 30 MILES
Halgarrack Farm is situated in a rural position surrounded by open farmland lying approximately one mile north of the village of Praze-an-Beeble and approximately ½ a mile south of the village of Barripper via a byway. The village of Praze-an-Beeble provides facilities for everyday requirements to include; doctors surgery, village stores and public house. The town of Camborne offers an extensive array of retail and professional services along with educational and leisure facilities. The mainline railway station in Camborne, on the Penzance - London Paddington line, provides a regular service to London. The A30, the main arterial road through Cornwall, lies approximately 3 miles distance providing access east to Truro and onto the national road network at Exeter.
For the leisure enthusiast, the North Coast is within easy reach and popular with surfers on the numerous sandy beaches or spectacular walks along the rugged cliff tops. The sheltered beaches and coves of the South Coast are within easy reach with the famed ‘foodie’ harbour village of Porthleven approximately 7 miles to the south. Within the locality, there are numerous off road paths ideal for the equestrian enthusiast or cyclist.
An attractive and imposing five bedroom period farmhouse of traditional stone elevations under a slate roof with exposed granite lintels and quoins with an adjoining, independently accessed, two storey annexe, suitable for purchasers seeking dual family accommodation or a home with income. The property is over 500 years old and enjoys a wealth of period features including inglenook fireplace, beamed ceilings, panelled walls etc and yet benefits from recently installed PVCu multipane double glazing and warmed by electric heating. The property originally belonged to the Clowance Estate until the Estate was broken up in 1919, and whilst the current vendors have lived at the property for the last 35 years, the property was in the same family ownership since the 1870’s.
The property is approached via a concrete byway from the public highway, leading down to the farm which enjoys a relatively level topography. To the rear of the house are the formal gardens, partially walled by a former bothey and bounded by mature trees to the rear and which are relatively level and predominantly laid to lawn.
Opposite the house, across the byway lie a useful range of outbuildings, some of traditional stone construction suitable for conversion, subject to planning, and others of concrete block construction and utilized as workshop and stores. Beyond the barn is a field extending to 5.5 acres or thereabouts.